Your NEW Walk With God
What Do I Do Now?
Congratulations on your new commitment to Jesus Christ. Here are some steps for you to take that will help you grow in your walk with God.
- Fellowship with God
- Prayer and personal Bible reading are foundational to your maturity. We recommend starting with the Book of John, then read the New Testament, followed by the Old Testament
- Attend Church Services and Bible Study
- Growing in your knowledge of God requires a commitment to attend church services when they are available. You will understand the Bible clearer and develop relationships with other Believers.
- Be prepared with pen and paper to take notes of the teachings. Review your notes when you are alone asking the Holy Spirit to bring understanding to His Word. Apply what you learn to your daily life.
- Submit to Water Baptism
- To “…Fulfill all righteousness,” Jesus submitted to Water Baptism. This example is given to us to follow. Call the office so a date can be scheduled for your Water Baptism.
- Seek the Baptism in the Holy Spirit
- In Mark 16:17. Jesus said one of the signs that will follow you is “…speaking in new tongues.” You must desire this gift by asking Jesus to fill you with the Holy Ghost. This “baptism” is an added dimension of God’ power for living that will assist you in living a life that’s pleasing to God.
- Learn How to Pray
- Praying is communicating with God and shows your dependence on Him while in the earth. As you become more knowledgeable of the Bible, you are also to pray more effectively by praying the answer that Hid Word reveals.
- Through mid-week prayer, we give you the opportunity to learn how to pray, pray for yourself and pray for others.
- Prayer is held at 6 PM each Tuesday. You must make up your mind to attend, as this is your lifeline to God. When you attend consistently, you will find that God hears what you speak His Word in faith and He will answer you as He feels it will best benefit you.
- Desire Spiritual Gifts
- God wants you to know that He has made Spiritual Gifts available for His Body. Doing so, He wants to use the unique gifts He gave you to further His plan in the earth.
- First Corinthians 12:7-11 says that there are nine spiritual gifts given so the Church can be edified. These are released through Christians so other people can benefit through your obedience to God.
- Know Your Gifts of Service
- You are valuable to God and He gave you gifts to assist the pastors and leaders in the local church. Once your gift is identified, you must learn how to maximize its use, so the Kingdom of God can be built up.
- Romans 12 lists what is referred to as “Motivational Gifts.” You will see that you already have one or more of these gifts operating in your life, however, there will be at least one that you will “excel” in.
- Develop God’s Character
- The character of God is love as He “…so loved the world that He gave His one and Only Son…” You are commanded to walk in love with all men and you must do this every day.
- As a Christian, you must refrain from the old acts of the flesh or sinful nature and develop the Fruit of the Spirit which pleases God. Gal 5:19 -25
- Serve in the Local Church
- The Great Commission given to you by our Lord Jesus is to “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel, making disciples of all men.” Your part in this is serving in the local church.
- The Bible says, “Know those that labor among you.” Therefore, after your commitment is evident and your spiritual growth has begun, we will slowly acclimate you to the ministry. God wants you involved in the church in some capacity. Begin praying that God will reveal your place in New Horizons so you can help us make disciples of those that come into our lives.